Men, you may think you have a command of the English language, but when it comes to communicating with women, you may be surprised.
Here is our dictionary of Womanese. Master these terms and you’ll find your relationship with women greatly improved.
The Real Definition of Words When Used By Women
Yes, communication between men and women can be difficult. That’s because words have different meanings for men and for women. Our Womanese dictionary will help men better understand what women mean and save a lot of heart ache.
1. Fine – I am right. This argument is over. You need to shut up.
2. That’s Okay – One of the most dangerous statements a women can make to a man. “That’s okay” means she wants to think hard and long before deciding when and how you’ll pay for your mistake.
3. Nothing – The calm before the storm. This means “Something” and you better be on your toes. Note: Arguments that start with “Nothing” usually end with “Fine” (See #1).
4. Five Minutes – If getting dressed, this means half an hour. (Don’t be mad about this. It’s the same definition for you when it’s your turn to do some chores around the house.)
5. Thanks – A woman is thanking you. Do not question this or faint. Just say, “You’re welcome,” and let it go.
6. Loud Sigh – Not actually a word but rather a non-verbal statement often misunderstood by men. It means she thinks you are an idiot and wonders why she is standing here wasting her time arguing with you about “Nothing.” (See #3)
7. Go Ahead – This is a dare, not permission. (Don’t Do It!)
8. Don’t worry about it, I got it – The second most dangerous statement a woman can make. It means that a woman has asked a man several times to do something and is now doing it herself. (This will result in you asking at a later date, “What’s wrong?” For the woman’s response, see #3.)